Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthdays!

Happy Birthday to Kasen and Deanna!
In honor of their birthdays, Mike bought Saxon a birthday cake of his choosing at Costco.
He chose the balloons of course :)

Saxon was so excited and wanted us all to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him.
He even told the cashier at Costco that it was his birthday.
He is going to think that birthdays come around several times a year because we sang to him at Walker's birthday party, we went to Brynley's party, and now at our Kasen/Deanna party. I'm sure we'll have to sing to him at Bridger's party, and of course at his own party. Lucky boy!
I was disappointed at Saxon's 1st birthday party because he didn't destroy his cake like I thought he would. So, we decided to give Bridger a trial run...
He didn't even hesitated before diving in!

Looks like he will do just fine at his party,
where we will probably sing to Saxon also.
If you can't tell by this picture,
Saxon ate the purple balloon...
Jeff promised him that if he ate a good dinner, he could hold the mouse.
He taught him to be "very soft."
After the mouse he begged Jeff to put the snake on his neck :)
Apparently he knows the drill...
Jeff is teaching him to be an animal lover,
which is not something he would have learned from me.
I don't like snakes, but this one was really pretty.
So, Kasen and Deanna, we hope you had as much fun at your birthday party as we did!

5 comments:

Heather Strong said...

Oh my gosh that snake! That is so cute and a little creepy/crawly feeling!

grandma cathy said...

well saxon, good job on kasens cake, he loved your party and his since he went go cart racing. Bridger seemed to enjoy the cake the best, he is soooo cute grandma could eat him and the frosting... but I have to agree with caitlin we are not big on snakes, go saxon!

Brittany and Johnse said...

1 - that big old smile Saxon has just melts my heart and made my day! I miss him and Bridger SO much I am on count down until July!!
2 - I am also very glad that Bridger loves cake...I remember Saxon's we practically had to through the cake at him to get him dirty...
3 - THAT was the sickest tiniest ugliest weirdest "mouse" I have ever seen. It gave me the willys! But the snake was pretty and kinda cute...BUT I am not a snake lover either :-/

Brittany and Johnse said...

p.s. - I am VERY impressed that Cathy comment...GOOD JOB Aunt Cathy! :) I am glad you are putting that adorable pink laptop to good use!!

lori and clark remington said...

Once again Saxon is such a cutie! That is a mouse? I also hate snakes! Looks like everyone had a good time!