Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the Season

We've been noticing recently, that someone has been dismantling our tree every time we turn around.
I think we caught the culprit:

Apparently, he has also been into the chocolate:

On Thursday, we were lucky enough to have Grandpa Roy and Jenna stop by.
Right when they got here, Saxon asked them to take him to McDonald's and they said "Sure."
McDonald's is a special treat for my kids, so they were thrilled.
Saxon got to ride in their car and begged them to take him home with them.
Grandpa said "But your mom might be sad if you leave."
So Saxon looked at me and said, "Don't you cry Mom, I'm goin' with Grandpa and Jenna."
Earlier Saxon told Grandpa that he could have Bridger if he wanted him.

The next day at Scott's wedding reception, Saxon kept begging/demanding that Grandpa take him back to McDonald's. Aunt Janet gave him the idea to ask Grandpa for money for McDonald's instead. He said "ok" and off he went to beg for money. He managed to get $1 from Grandpa and $5 from Jenna and they promised him that I would take him to McDonald's. We haven't gone yet, but he begs me everyday and reminds me that Grandpa and Jenna said so. :) It was so fun to see you guys!!! Thanks for being so good to my kids. They loved it!

Last week we also went to Temple Square to see the lights.
Saxon was kind of sleepy, but Bridger loved it!
His eyes were huge as he looked around at everything.
It was beautiful!
We passed the statue of Joseph Smith getting the priesthood and Nate asked Saxon if he knew what was happening. Saxon said "yes, that boy is sick and getting a blessing." It was so cute!



Other funny stories:
-Saxon and Bridger were jumping on the bed and Bridger tripped and hit his head. I picked him up and Saxon says: "Mom! Him need a blessing. You do it like this..." Then he closed his eyes and put his hands out in front of him and said, "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless Bridger Dean Gailey." Then he opened his eyes and said, "Like that Mom. That's how you do a blessin'. Now call Dad."
-The boys turned on animal planet and were watching a special on camels. Afterwards Saxon tells me, "Mom, I need one of thems. I need a ask Pops. Him probably have one in his backyard. Him have a dog too." I laughed and called my Dad to add "live camel" to Saxon's ever growing Christmas list.
-Anytime anyone asks a question Bridger says "Hmmm" and taps his chin like he's thinking of the answer. We always laugh and so he keeps doing it.
-Bridger can moo like a cow, make fishy noises, make a really good elephant noise, and growl like a lion. He also shakes his head no at me all the time! He is constantly taking the ornaments off my Christmas tree and popping them in his mouth. He is so FUNNY! Gregor thinks that he'll turn out to be as funny as Saxon.
-Last night, both boys went to bed at 7:00 and then Bridger started to cry at 11:00 which woke up Saxon. Saxon started covering his ears and saying "take him out!" So I took Bridger out and put him in my bed and then went to try and tuck Saxon back in. When I got back to my room, Bridger was leaning against my pillow flipping through PEOPLE magazine and laughing at the pages like he knew what was happening. It was so funny! However, it took forever to get him back to sleep and then Saxon was up til 4:00 a.m. That part was NOT funny!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Such little goof balls :) We miss you guys!

Brittany and Johnse said...

I am so glad GPA and Jenna were able to spend extra time with you! Gpa was very excited to tell me about saxon and taking him to McDonalds :) it was cute!! I miss you guys!!