Thursday, December 24, 2009

Picture a Christmas

The week before Christmas, we went to my cousin Scott's wedding reception.
Here are some cute pictures from that night:
(Aunt Janet, Amy, Grandma Beth, Me, Jenna, with Sadie, Sid, & Saxon in front)

(Amy, Jenna, Me)

Some picture my Grandpa Roy took of us:
(This was the night Saxon was begging Grandpa and Jenna to take him to McDonalds).



The Sunday before Christmas, we helped the kids make little nativity pictures in nursery.
This is Saxon's:
(It has the words to "Picture a Christmas" on it and Saxon loves that song!)

On Christmas Eve, Jared, Janalee, and the kids came over for dinner. We made some wassail (a first for me), and some yummy recipes that my Grandma Beth gave me.
After dinner, the kids decorated gingerbread cookies (Saxon made gingerbread sandwich cookies out of his) and then we watched a Christmas slide show of the Savior's life that my Dad made for us and also the church Nativity movie. It was so much fun to have family over and Saxon LOVES having his cousins around.
Christmas Eve was kind of a crazy day. Nate woke up with a lot of pain in his neck and didn't know what was wrong. Jared drove all the way from Heber to come take him to instacare so I could keep the kids at home. It turn out that Nate injured his neck doing too much heavy lifting at Walgreens. After they got back from the doctor, Jared stayed at our house for a while because Janalee was already on her way with the kids. He played with the kids the whole time while I cooked and Nate rested. He played this game with the kids were they would climb into a cardboard box and Jared would wish for something for Christmas. When he opened the box, the boys would pop out acting like whatever Jared had wished for. My favorite was when Jared wished for an "earthworm" and Saxon didn't know what that was, so he came out started to nibble on Jared's arm. Apparently he was a "man-eating-earthworm." When Janalee got there, she and I stayed back to get everything ready while Jared took all of the kids to Cabelas and Nate slept. When they left that night, Saxon kept crying, "Uncle Jared need a come back. I need him!" It was really cute. Right before bed, we let each of the boys open one gift. It was jammies to sleep in that night. Saxon got "Green Eggs and Ham" jammies and he started to recite almost the whole book from memory. He's a smart boy. Bridger got car's jammies but I made him sleep in his Santa jammies instead. I love my sweet boys!!! We sang "Picture a Christmas" and then tucked them in so "Prep and Landing" Elves could come get our house ready :)

No comments: