Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crazy

Me: going crazy
Boys: being crazy

Saxon has insisted everyday lately that he have "Grandpa Sonnenberg Hair".
Here is is:

This morning he wanted "Mike" hair, but Mike doesn't style his hair, so we had to re-negotiate that one.

Here's the major trouble maker:

Bridger has started climbing out of his crib all of the time again.
Last night, he came out at least a dozen times.
One of the times Nate was waiting for him by the door to take him right back in.
Nate: "Dude?"
Bridger: "Dude."
We all started laughing and Bridger took the opportunity and ran.

Attempt #1
Today, I put him down for a nap and a little while later, I heard what sounded like glass.
I couldn't think of anything that he could have reached, but I checked anyway.
Bridger was sitting on the changing table and had taken down both pictures above it, taken out the pictures, thrown the pictures and the frames on the floor, and was banging the glass together.

Attempt #2
I put him down again and could hear him talking and playing. I didn't think anything of it because he hadn't come out yet. About a 1/2 hour later, I could still hear him. Finally Saxon went charging in, even though I told him not to, and yells, "Mom! Bridger bein' silly!"
I went in and Bridger was sitting on the changing table, emptying out the entire pack of wipes, one by one, and throwing them all over the floor. All of his toys, blankets, the lotions, and Saxon's jammies were already on the floor.

Attempt #3
We called Nate to hurry home.
Next time is his turn...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like it's either time for crib tent or big boy bed. I would go with the crib tent option if I were you!;)

Heather Strong said...

Ha ha ha I love the Grandpa hair! Are we still on for Saturday?

janalee said...

Oh, I like Saxon's 'grandpa' hair! And Bridger's 'I'm making a mess' smile :)
Amber had a crib tent for Carson, and it seemed to work well. Personally, I'd use duct tape ;)

Amber said...

I ended up taking EVERYTHING out of my boys' rooms except for a dresser with clothes and a bed (no diapers, wipes, toys, picture frames... nothing). Then I lock them in with the lock on the outside of the door and let them figure out if they are sleeping or not. It works pretty well. After a while they are tired and bored and fall asleep.