Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reunion

The Friday before Easter, Nate and I went to my mission reunion. It was so fun to see everyone. I loved visiting with Jamie, who I never get to see. I love remembering the good times, and the bad because we can laugh about them now. I remember joking with Jamie that we were so glad we went on missions even if we were the last of our friends to get married and start families. It just meant that by the time we got home, we still had all of the most amazing experiences to look forward to, and we a mission to look back on. Now we are both married and have kids and are both pregnant :) Life has been good. And one of the payoffs of serving a mission: we don't have to be fat anymore. :)

I was also able to visit with Kristi while I was there. I always make sure Kristi is going before I got to a reunion. We both have 2 boys and they are about the same ages and so much alike! Every time we would start chatting, we would look up and our boys would be gone. At one point we saw Saxon and Logan spitting mouthfuls of water all over the carpet. We had to laugh. Boys will be boys. Kristi and I were only companions for 6 weeks, but having experiences like that is something you can't replicate any other way. We'll always be friends. We still get together and do lunch and keep in touch with some of the families that we knew in Brazil.

Jamie and Kristi both drove all the way to California to come to my wedding. I love these girls! I'm so glad I know them and I'm sure, after what we went through together, that we'll be friends forever :)

1 comment:

Heather Strong said...

I am the same way with the sisters from my mission! We still try to get together every few months even though we are sort of scattered. I think you share a bond that can't be found elsewhere or replaced by anything. I got married at 23 and felt like such an old maid here in Utah ha ha, but looking back, I was still pretty young! A mission was definitely worth that!