Monday, April 19, 2010

Marathon

Nate and I both served missions and we both served walking missions.
We both love to walk and when we were dating we would walk together for hours.
We still walk together now that we are married.
When Mike comes over for dinner, he walks with us too.
He said that he loves to walk because he parents have always gone for long walks too.
Mike has a fancy phone with a GPS on it and he can track how long and far we walk.
It turns out, we usually walk about 5 miles.
Mike jokingly said that we should walk a marathon in a week.
We all laughed about it and somehow agreed to try.
I thought a marathon was 20 miles.
Nate thought it was 22.6
Mike thought it was 24.2
Turns out, its even farther...26.2.
So...here's how we're doing so far.
Sunday: 5.33 miles
Monday: 9.11 miles
We have 11.76 miles to go.
If we have good weather this week it will be no problem...but it's supposed to rain from Wednesday on and I'm not sure we will make it over 11 miles tomorrow...
Oh well, if we don't make it this week, we'll try again next week :)
We keep teasing Mike that once the new baby is born we will need 3 strollers. Right now, Nate and I each push a stroller. I push the jogger with Bridger, Nate pushes the Graco with Saxon, which will leave Mike with the umbrella stroller :)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Holy smokes! I'm so behind! I love that you blogged about the awesome mission days. Those were good times. I loved, loved serving with you!

Any tips on adjusting to having two kids? I'm overwhelmed.

Dayna and Randy said...

I need a Mike!

Heather Strong said...

Gosh those are long walks! I thought that I walked a lot. I love walking because my right knee can't handle the running, so it is my main form of exercise. I wish I lived closer and I could join you guys for walks. Do you take your kids out for the long walks and they stay in the strollers? Emmett has been fighting the stroller lately and I am devastated. I might just start feeding him candy so I can go for my walks with him.

Meg said...

When I read the title of this I thought you were going to run a marathon! And I got excited for one second because I wanted to too! Ha! :) Those are really long walks. We love going on walks at night too, but I'm pretty sure we've never gone that far!