Monday, April 12, 2010

Salt Lake


On Saturday we drove up to Salt Lake to help my cousin Katie's little girl with a school project. My kids had so much fun touring Salt Lake.

While we were up there, we went to go see my Grandparents.
They took us to McDonald's (Saxon's favorite) and Grandma baked cookies for us. My boys went crazy for cookies and milk. Saxon had at least 4. They LOVE Grandma and Grandpa!

Grandpa wouldn't tell me any stories because apparently I'm not forgiven yet for posting the story about how they met :) And, for Grandpa's sake, I will clarify again, that nothing happened while Grandma was on her mission (in case anyone got the wrong idea). And, he reminded me that I left out the part where the night Grandma was released from her mission, they went to Grandpa's graduation dance. And even though Grandma hadn't danced in 18 months, she was still an amazing dancer and Grandpa didn't trade out one dance with her. He danced with her the whole night. (How's that Grandpa?)

Grandma did tell us stories though! She joked about all of the crazy things that happen when you raise so many boys. We talked about all the pets (mostly Uncle Scott's). She told us how she ran over Uncle Scott's kitten on the way to piano lessons and then Scott wouldn't go to the piano lessons. I asked if that was the only cat she ran over and she said "Oh no! I was notorious for that! I started putting notches in my steering wheel for each cat". We laughed so hard! I was complaining about our rat and Grandma started naming all of the pets that they had to endure. She said that the worst were the iguanas. She was joking about all of the pets that were buried in that back yard: dogs, cats, lizards, birds, fish, iguanas, hamsters, etc. At one point my Dad and Uncle Scott thought they would be smart and give Grandma and Grandpa birds for Christmas. Apparently the whole neighborhood was in on it. One neighbor helped drive them around to buy everything and even stored the birds in her house until Christmas. Grandma said she was so mad on Christmas morning! Ha ha. I can just picture it! I would have been mad too! Grandma said that she just had to learn that Uncle Scott's love for animals was something that he was born with and would never change. Since I know Jeff, I can picture it perfectly! Grandma told us how the hamsters kept escaping. She found one a while later hiding in the toy box. The other came pouring out of a box of cereal. She said it was as fat as could be having lived in the cereal box for a while. Juarez better not ever escape! I would have a heart attack. Who knows where he would end up! Grandma also told me that she had to use a diaper service for 11 years! I'm just hoping that I won't have 2 in diapers for very long. :)

It was so fun to visit with them and I always LOVE hearing their stories! Hopefully Grandpa will forgive me soon and start telling more stories...

2 comments:

Heather Strong said...

I love it when you post stories about Grandma and Grandpa! It is about time that someone asks them some questions, ya know? Because they are always asking US so many questions about US, when I think we have more to learn by hearing about them!

Brooke Butler said...

Bridger looks so much older! Ahh my babies are getting so much bigger each day it seems, I miss you guys a ton and can't wait to see you all!!! :)