Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cupcake

Saxon and I baked cupcakes tonight,
and he was lucky enough to get 2
before bed!
I went into my room to get ready for bed,
and I hear a knock at the door:
"Mommy, MOMMY!"
-What do you want Saxon?
"A cupcake"
-What did Daddy say?
"Daddy says Saxy no cupcake!"
I opened the door to find a blue-eyed cupcake-covered face looking up at me.
Is this a face you could refuse?
Neither could I.
So this is Cupcake #3.

Funny Saxon story: The other day Saxon brought me a book to read about a Gingerbread family celebrating Christmas. It's only 4 pages, and after the 7th or 8th round I was really sick of it. So, I started asking him to find things on the page for me.
-Where's the Mommy? (and he finds her)
-Where's the Daddy? (he points)
-Where's the brother? (found him)
-Where's the puppy? (that's easy!)
-Where's the Sister? (confused)
*What's a sister?
-It's a girl baby, we don't have any of those kind at our house.
*Saxy wants a sister.
-Sorry, little man, talk to Dad about it.
*DADDY!!! Saxy wants a sister and a puppy!

6 comments:

lori and clark remington said...

He cracks me up over and over...I am so tired, don't do the puppy! I do love Isabella though, but she is like having a 2 year old again!

Brooke Butler said...

yess get to that sister making i want another niece!! :)

Brittany and Johnse said...

I think it is a sign that you will have a girl next...after all Saxon is the one that WANTS one!! ;) So get to work I am ready for a new baby around me :)

Angela said...

Ha Ha good luck with that! I'm pretty sure Brooks doomed us to have another boy next...although Quinn is convinced that our next one has to be a girl...

Brooks said...

Ethan's pretty sure that baby sisters are things of urban legend. Good luck getting an X from a Gailey man...

Cute post!

Nicole M said...

Oh my gosh, that is the funniest little conversation you had with Saxon! Your response was hilarious too!