Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Happy Easter!!!
We hope everyone had a great day!
Bridger sure did...
He followed Saxon around, eating all the candy that he dropped.


Here are the boys and their Easter baskets.

The Easter Bunny brought Saxon some new "Cars."

Bridger got Madagascar 2.


While I was finishing up dinner,
Mike took my camera to document the rest of Easter.
This is me battling the turkey,
and everyone watching the golf tournament
(thanks to Gregor).

Saxon was on the balcony playing basketball with a baseball glove,
and Bridger was rolling around in the Easter disaster.
It only took about 10 minutes of Easter morning to totally destroy my house.

Lucky for us, Mike stuck around and bathed the kids so I could tackle the mess. He even got them into bed on time! I can't even get Saxon into bed on time.

Here's a couple of funny stories from Easter that I don't want to forget:

-Nate was nice enough to make jello eggs because we thought Saxon would love it. I put some on his plate at dinner, and he cut them up into little chunks and threw them on the floor...nice. While I was doing dishes, I noticed that the jello mess was gone. I asked everyone if someone had cleaned it up, but no one had. So, I asked Saxon where his jello eggs were.
-I frowed them in the garbage
~Great!

So, I had him take me downstairs to investigate. I couldn't find jello eggs anywhere and I was sure we would be swarming in ants by the morning. All he would tell me was "I frowed them." Later that night, I reached in Saxon's Easter basket to pull out all the trash, and found mushy jello eggs hidden under the Easter grass. Gross!

-It was such a nice day that Saxon was begging to go outside. I couldn't take him because I was cleaning up dinner. He had his Razor scooter in the entryway, all ready to go. I told him to ask anyone if they would take him. He thought about his options for a minute, then starts yelling,
-Megan!!! Where are you? Megan!!! Come here...
Jeff was laughing because Saxon obviously knew who his best bet was. Megan is always so sweet with him that he knew he could talk her into it. So, Jeff and Megan took Saxon out to ride his scooter. Lucky boy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you guys had a good Easter!! Don't you love when they put stuff away...there are things around here that Carson put away that I'm pretty sure we will only find when we move out!

Brittany and Johnse said...

Happy (late) easter!! we really missed you guys! The boys are getting so big (bridger especially) i miss them so much!!!