Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Nate!

Happy Birthday Nate!!!
Nate is the best dad in the world!
For his birthday today, we had french toast and opened presents.
Then we played Peter Pan vs. Captain Hook as a family (Saxon's idea).
Saxon assigned out the characters.
I was Peter Pan.
Saxon was Captain Hook (he thinks the red fireman's coat is a Captain Hook costume).
Bridger was Smee (obviously).
And Nate was the crocodile.
So here is Nate, spending his 32nd birthday devouring our children and making them giggle all morning:




After the crocodile had eaten each of the kids several times, me and the boys went to church and Nate had to leave for Boise for yet another round of EXA classes. He just left a few hours ago and I"m already counting down until he gets back.

This was how church goes when it's me vs. the boys:

-Saxon has to pee 3 times during sacrament meeting.
-On the 4th attempt to go to the bathroom I said "no" and Saxon starts yelling "I have to poop!"
-I give in just in case...turns out he didn't have to poop.
-Bridger tries to make a break for it by climbing under the bench and out to the aisle.
-Saxon yells "Go Bridger go...Everybody! Look at Bridger!"
-I jump over the diaper bag/purse/treats/toys that we brought and catch the escapee.
-While I'm heading back with the screaming 1 year old, Saxon hurdles over the bags and takes off.
-I run after him (still holding the screaming toddler) and catch him just as he flings open both doors.
-I drag 2 screaming children back to our bench.
-A minute passes...
-Saxon starts to giggle.
-Bridger starts cracking up.
-I start wondering what secret joke I am missing...
-Bridger dives under the bench and we repeat the entire scenario.
-"Go Bridger, Go!" (apparently the escape was planned).

We miss you Nate! We love you so much and hope you're having a good birthday. Come home soon...

4 comments:

Denise and Brandon said...

Too funny! You're brave. I don't even think I would've attempted it.

grammie cathy said...

good job cait, your a great mom and those kids are so funny but you have your hands full.

Brittany and Johnse said...

Happy Birthday Nate!!

I LOVE that the two brothers "planned" their escape...LOL too cute! I think I would have been giggling right along with them!

lori and clark remington said...

So Cute! You boys must keep you hopping Cait! I love it!