Sunday, August 2, 2009

We're Back...

Well, we're finally back from all of our trips. It's been a busy month! We spent the first week of July in Chicago, then I drove my kids (plus Kasen and Brooke) to California. We went camping at Refugio Beach for a few days, then we spent a week and a half at my Mom's house. Nate met us there and we drove up to Shaver Lake to go camping. Shaver is one of my favorite family traditions because my Grandpa Roy has been taking his family there for the last 50 years. If everything works out the way I want it to, I'm going to take my kids every year also. There are plenty of Shaver Lake pictures and stories to come...

Bridger turned 1 on July 31 at Shaver Lake. He also learned to walk at my Mom's house (with some coaching from Uncle Gregor). He got to play with his cousin Alice a lot. Saxon and Bridger both miss her already. Saxon misses all the "cousins" and Grandpa and Jenna and the "candy store."

Kasen had an accident doing a backflip off the edge of the pool. He cut open the back of his head. We had to call 911 and they wanted to airlift him out. Lisa took some great pictures of the paramedics working on him because we think he will appreciate them later. After 6 days in the hospital, 100's of stitches, and plastic surgery, Kasen and Mom made it up to Shaver Lake for the last few days. Kasen was such a trooper! I'm so proud of him!!!

Since I don't have my Shaver Lake pictures downloaded yet, here are some that I didn't have time to post before I left for California. Kasen and I took the kids to Discovery Park at Thanksgiving Point. They have a big Noah's Ark that shoots water at the kids. Kasen was a huge help and the kids had so much fun. I miss having him around. He was so fun to pal around with.





Thanks Mom and Gregg for letting us come and go on all of your trips with you!
We had so much fun and I've got some great pictures for my kids.
We love you!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you guys made it back safely and that your brother is doing okay...sounds like it was pretty scary! We are excited to see you guys soon!

Joan Wardell said...

wow what a month you have had...scarey time for Kasen and all involved. Hope he is doing ok.
love, Aung Joan

Bernie and Doll said...

Welcome Home! We missed you guys like crazy! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

you guys have been busy! Bridger look so much like Nate, I can't believe it!