Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome to Neverland!

With the help of some very talented friends, we had an amazing Neverland party for
Saxon's 3rd birthday
.
My talented friend Rachel took some professional pictures of the party that I can't wait to post!
Here's some of the pictures from my camera:

First we were sprinkled with pixie dust so we could fly to Neverland...

then we chased our shadows...

we had a BBQ...

and spent time with friends and family.

The balloons were a big hit!





Saxon's birthday cake was the best chocolate cake EVER!
The recipe is from Conversations with a Cupcake
and it was every bit as amazing as she says it will be,
and amazingly do-able.
(It was really for you Andi so I hope you loved it :) )



Saxon LOVED opening his presents!
(So did Kenna)
He got some really cool stuff!




We decided not to give Bridger a piece of cake (from his party, we know what he is capable of) and save his outfit.
So...he helped himself to everyone else's cake and was covered from his hair to his toes in chocolate: it was impressive.

We had a really fun day and we hope everyone else enjoyed the party too!


Thanks everyone for coming and for all of your help!
I'll post more when I get pictures from every else...

7 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

Looks like a great party!!! wow! tons of detail..how awesome!

lori and clark remington said...

Such a cute and creative party. Happy birthday Saxon!

Joanna Goddard said...

oh this is so amazingly cute!!! i've love to post it on cookie magazine's blog: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting

what a brilliant idea!!! xoxo

grammie cathy said...

wow my saxon os three i cant believe it and cait your party looks amazing and i loved the shadows and your skyline. your cake looked great too. miss you.

J+S said...

This party is so amazing! Do you have details on how you did the backdrop of London and all of the sillouhettes that are so perfect? Such a great job! Thanks for sharing. May I re-post on my blog and give credit back to you?

The Dayton Family said...

You're such a cute little mommy! Great idea :)

J+S said...

Thanks so much for your comment! I will post pictures tomorrow of this great party. I would love you to email me how you did the backdrops and silhouettes. sngordon@msn.com

Thanks!
~Jenifer