Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dinner with the Pope

Nate's parents are in town this week to visit after Christmas. They brought Saxon a play-doh set, which he has played with no-stop for the past 2 days. It comes in a little carrying case, so we take it everywhere. Last night we were supposed to have dinner with everyone. In true Gailey Family form, no one knew what the plans were, except Grandpa Gailey who was hunting with Uncle Jared and couldn't be reached. We finally got a call from Nate's mom saying that Grandpa and Uncle Jared had lost track of time and would be back 3 hours later than they were supposed to. So, she decided to take us all out to Buca di Beppo without them. If they were going to loose track of time, they could eat leftovers. When we got there, the manager said that they had a rare opening at the "Pope table" if we wanted it. The Pope table is a round table with the head of Pope Benedict (we think) twirling around the middle of the table on a lazy susan. It was awesome! Grandpa and Uncle Jared made it before the food got there and everyone had a blast. Saxon, however was a nightmare on the way home. He kicked my seat and screamed that he wanted to play play-doh the whole drive back. When we got home, I went straight into the laundry room to finish up, and left Saxon tantruming in the living room. When I turned around to walk out, I ran into this...
-What are you doing Saxon?
-A play-doh hat!
He knows I can't be mad at him when he's funny! So he goes ahead and climbs straight into my bed and turns on the TV to watch "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" which has been re-playing all day!
-Why do you like this movie Saxon?
a little giggle, -Lava girl cute
So, Saxon wins again, and fell asleep in our bed...

1 comment:

Angela said...

That's awesome you got to eat at the Pope table! I'm sad we missed it! (but maybe not all the indecision before hand) Carson is also loving his play doh! You asked about the header thing on our blog...and the answer is I do it with this digital scrapbooking program I have...its really easy, so if you wanted me to do one for you I totally could...I can make a background that matches too...