Monday, January 26, 2009

Searching for Summer

I LOVE Summertime!
I miss summer, it makes me happy.
But, since I can't be grouchy all winter,
we do the next best thing...
We go searching for SUMMER
by doing summertime things,
like SWIMMING! :)
Today we went to the pool and Saxon brought his friend Kennady.
Since we didn't have a swim suit for her,
she was a good sport and wore Saxon's
board shorts and rash guard.
Don't they look cute!
"Oh, what do you do in the summertime,
when all the world is green?
Do you swim in a pool,
to keep yourself cool,
or swing in a tree up high?
Is that what you do?
So do I!"
"Oh, what do you do in the summertime,
when all the world is green?

Do you fish in a stream,
or lazily dream
on the banks as the clouds go by,
Is that what you do?
So do I!"
Children's Songbook #245
After a couple hours of swimming their little hearts out
and pretending that it's summertime,
we finished up with donuts and doritos!
I know...not very healthy,
but I let them pick all by themselves.
We had so much fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Caitlin,

It was so good to hear from you and see your cute little family. I have been wanting to ask you where it was you were when you were here in Romania. I assumed it was Iași since that is the only orphanage I hear about that BYU students come. The orphanage experience is a life changing experience. Say hi to your family for me...your mom looks as beautiful as ever. You look so much like her. Love you all,

Aunt Brenda

Brittany and Johnse said...

Love his cheese ball smile! I need to see you guys ASAP I am having bridger, saxon, and caitlin withdrawls :)