Friday, January 23, 2009

I Cried for You

Last night I went visiting teaching, and left my kids with Mike (who graciously agreed to babysit) for a few hours. When I got home, Saxon decided to re-enact what happened since I left.

It went something like this:

(fake crying) "Mommy, I cry"
-You cried for me?
"Uh-huh" (more fake crying)
and this face...

-What else happened?
"boots"
-You even got your boots on?
"Uh-huh, Let's go, Mike no, cold"
(more fake crying) and this face...
(more fake crying and stomping his feet)
-You even tantrumed?
"Uh-huh, Mike cream-creams"
-Mike bribed you with ice cream?
"Uh-huh"
(still fake crying) and this sad face...
"Mike, be right back, 5 minutes"
-Mike said 5 more minutes?
"Uh-huh"
"Mommy, Saxy come teaching...I cry for you"
-You wanted to come visiting teaching?
"Uh-huh"
(and more fake crying, just to make the point clear)

And obviously, Saxon's stories usually involve only the key words, some sign language, and some reenacting. He's told me this story several times. His feelings were very hurt that I went "teaching" without him :)

2 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

I love his fake cry and that little look he gives!! he is a crack up and too smart for his own good!! He is a little momma's boy lately!!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

that is so cute! guess you'll have to take him next time!