Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sick Boy

My sweet Bridger is so sick! Yesterday he started coughing and my mom thought it sounded like croup. So, I took him to the doctor and they gave him a steroid shot just in case. Then, this morning he woke up wheezing really hard. He sounded like he could hardly breathe. So, I called the on-call doctor and took him in. The doctor had him do a breathing treatment right away because it was so bad. After the treatment she said we should see immediate results, but we didn't. He was still wheezing. He also had an ear infection (which he didn't yesterday when we went in). So, she wrote us an order to go see the respiratory therapist at the hospital and a few prescriptions. She also called IHC home health and a few hours later they delivered Bridger his very own nebulizer. She told us to go back to the doctor to have his oxygen levels checked everyday until he is better.

So, this is my cute sick baby.

He really hates it, but did pretty well as long as Uncle Kasen was making faces at him. I'm not sure what we'll do once Kasen leaves. Hopefully he gets better soon, he had a really rough day!

6 comments:

Bernie and Doll said...

Poor Boy! Do they know whats causing the breathing problems? Let me know if you need anything!

Handi Andi said...

Poor Guy. He looks so serious and cute in that breathing mask. You know the kid is sick if he isn't cheesing really big for you. He has the best smile. Poor you too, I hope you get some sleep and he starts feeling better!

lori and clark remington said...

Dylan got so sick with croup once when we were in San Fransisco that we ended up in the hospital with him. He could hardly breath..I know how scary it can be...Cailey also got croup so much when she was little, we had breathing treatment supplies at home for her! I hope your little guy feels better soon!

Brittany and Johnse said...

OH my poor Bubbies!! :( that breaks my heart!! I hope he is feeling better soon! it's a good thing your mom was there during all this to help out :)

Angela said...

Poor kid!! Darn it!! I hope he feels better soon!!

janalee said...

Oh honey, I am SO sorry. Morgen had a nebulizer once. It worked, but it was awful. I hope Bridger gets better quickly, so you don't need to use it for long.