Saturday, October 9, 2010

1 Month...

Baby Dalton is 1 month old today.
It has been a whirlwind.
I feel like I just brought him home...
He is such a sweet guy and so patient with his big brothers who are a little rough in the way they show their love.  They both LOVE to hold him and play with him.

Part of me can't wait to see what he is going to look like and be like, and part of me doesn't want another day to pass because I love having him so little and sweet.  I love snuggling him and having him always asleep in my arms.  I wish my time wasn't always spread so thin so I could just hold him and marvel at him all day long.  

When Saxon was born, I spent my whole maternity leave sitting in the rocking chair holding him.  I don't think he was ever set down.  I wish I had that kind of one on one time with each baby.  When we went on Saxon's field trip, his teacher was telling me that she loved getting up in the night with her baby.  She said she would turn on Lifetime and just enjoy being a mom to a new baby.  I loved that.  I'm trying to enjoy my middle of the night time with Dalton because its some of the little one-on-one time I get with him.

We just love this little guy!

4 comments:

Brooke Butler said...

I can't wait to come up for his blessing and meet this little one! I love you guys so much <3

Roy and Jenna Stephenson said...

What a handsome little man Dalton is! We love his bright eyes and dear, innocent little face. It will just be a matter of time, before Saxon and Bridger teach Dalton what fun it is to be a part of this family (ie. trips to McDonald's etc.) We sure love each one of you!! Have a great week!!!!

grammi cathy said...

oh my baby dalton is sooo cute and i love those big eyes, i miss him soooo much. i cant wait to visit in november.

The life of MeMe said...

What a cute little guy!