Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Baking Day

I LOVE holiday baking.  This year, there were so many new recipes that I wanted to try, but I was running out of time before Halloween.  So, Brittany and Joy offered to come over and have a "Baking Day" with me.  We made 4 new recipes and had so much fun.  We each took home plates of goodies to give out to our neighbors.
We made Candy Corn Cupcakes, Monster Blob Cookies, Oreo Truffles, and Maple Cookies.
The Monster Cookies turned out to be really fun for my kids.  They each helped make their own monster and decorate it.  Next year I'll let them make a whole batch :)
The gift baskets:
The big helper:
Sadly, we didn't get a picture of the three of us.  But, we are going to do a Thanksgiving Baking Day and a Christmas Baking Day too so we'll have to take one then :)

1 comment:

Brooks said...

That's so fun! Ironically, I just made Candy Corn Cupcakes the other day for my sister's Symfully Sweet contest. It'll be posting on October 30th. My boys LOVED them! Maybe I'll have to try the monster cookies next time... too cute!