Saturday, October 16, 2010

More from this season...

Nate had the day off today so we went back to the canyon since our pass was still valid.
This time, we started on the Provo Canyon side and drove back through to American Fork Canyon.
The colors were amazing!
We kept stopping the car to take pictures.  There were so many people pulled over taking pictures that it was hard to find a place to stop.  It was 75 degrees out and perfect.
I tried to look up a quote or poem on the changing seasons on lds.org, but what I found was several talks on savoring the seasons of life.  I really loved what they all had to say.  They talked about loving the season of life that you are in. 

A November 1992 Liahona Visiting Teaching Message said, "A joyful outlook can be part of all of our seasons.  We invite each woman to value who she is and and count the ways she can bless herself and others around her."  

I have done a lot of things that I have really loved (college, Romania, mission to Brasil, working, dating Nate, getting married, setting up a home, etc.)  But, I have to say, my favorite thing I've done so far is having babies.  I love being a mom and I love my babies.  I hope to have lots of them and I really love this season that I'm in.  Now if only I had a bigger car... :)






My cute babies:
Saxon
Bridger
Dalton
Bridger loved playing at the reservoir.
He kept running up to the water and saying
"Daddy!  Check it out!"
It turns out he found horseshoe prints in the water.
It was kind of cool.
It is so fun to take my kids to do new things.  They think that everything is exciting and amazing and it makes it all exciting and amazing for us again too.

Days like today make me glad that I live in Utah.  I'm not always glad to live in Utah, I still miss California, but  I think if we ever moved, I would really miss Utah.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful! I love fall colors!! Cute pictures as always!! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!

Brooke Butler said...

This is why I can't wait to live in Utah!
you're boys seem to get smarter and cuter each day (: