Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Colors

Yesterday, since Nate worked in the afternoon, we decided to go see the colors in the canyon in the morning.  We went to our favorite spot, and took a few pictures until my camera battery died.  The boys loved climbing around and playing in the sun.  After we left our favorite camp site, we headed down to the reservoir to let the kids play.  I wish my camera had lasted that long.  It was gorgeous!  It was such a beautiful day and the sun was sparkling on the water turning it all different shades of blue and green.  Saxon asked "why does Heavenly Father make water so many different colors?"  It was cute!  Next time we need to plan for more time and bring a picnic because it was the type of day where you just want to lay in the sun and bask in it.  We loved it!
    
I found a poem in an Ensign article from a the July 1981 New Era in an article by Elaine A. Cannon called "Season of Awakening." 
The poem is called "Who Am I?"
"Who am I?  What special purpose is mine?
I follow winged sparrow...and I yearn to soar.
I hear the ocean's thunder.  There is power.
But what am I?
I see lilies blooming where the winter storms have swept the field.
I feel the sun; by its radiance I see all that God created.
I, too, am God's creation, and he knows me as his own.
Tenderly, I know him in my heart.

Who am I?  What special purpose is mine?  
I am a child of God."

3 comments:

Roy and Jenna Stephenson said...

Your Blog entries are so touching and beautiful, both in the words and photos you share. When we view your blog, our hearts smile. Caitlin dear... always keep your testimony and life experiences, your love and the wonderful photos of you and your family, coming our way. They make our day!
Love and Hugs to all~

janalee said...

What a beautiful poem- thank you for sharing it!
*your family pics go so well with the feeling of that poem!

grammie cathy said...

beautiful pictures and wonderful poem. i love the fall colors in the canyon and i miss the beauty all around you that god created. Cant wait to visit..