Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Here Come the Elephants!"

"Hold onto you seats, boys and girls, because here come the ELEPHANTS!"
I didn't know that was a famous circus phrase until I read "Water for Elephants" about the Circus in the 1930's.

Speaking of elephants,
Cousin Mike took us to the Circus last night!
Where Saxon got to ride the elephant...
twice!

We had so much fun!
First, Saxon was transformed into
Spiderman!



After successfully becoming a superhero,
he clapped, sang, and danced
along with everything that happened.
They had lions and tigers,
and Saxon's personal favorite...
Motorcycles!

Bridger wasn't quite as excited about the circus,
but he did get his picture taken with the Circus Bear!
(we have to scan it in later to post it)
Jeff and Megan came too.
The funniest part was when Saxon sang
"I like to move it move it"
along with the elephant act.
When the song ended, he begged Mike for
"more move it move it!"

Thanks for sending it Mike...
Here is Me, Bridger, Mike, and Saxon with the Circus Bear!
And for the record,
Saxon made it through the whole circus
without any potty accidents!

5 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

How fun!! you look gorgeous as always...and i love the new Saxon as spidey saxy!! I am so sad that is this is the first year we won't take the kids to it (well we have only been the last 3 years) but still sad :( I am glad you went with your boys though!!

lori and clark remington said...

Caitlin, Tell Saxon that spiderman was his cousin Cailey's boyfriend for about a year of her life...she even slept with her spiderman doll. She got so mad a me when I gave the doll away thinking she was over her crush! The circus looks like such fun. I don't think I have ever taken Cailey to one!
Poor Cailey!

Smile said...

We went to that same circus last weekend- but we didn't get an elephant show!! I don't think the elephants were feeling very good that night, when they were giving their rides one of them could hardly stand up. they eventually made it stop and let it lie down. fun stuff!

Angela said...

I'm glad Saxon had a good time!! You guys always do the funnest things!! I'm pretty sure Carson would have cried if we tried to paint his face...

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

how fun! that's so cool that you are so close with Mike and Jeff. How are they?