Thursday, February 19, 2009

Saxon Ski

We decided to take Saxon on his first Cross-Country Ski today.
Well, a first ski for all of us actually.

A friend of mine took her 2 year old little girl skiing,
so I thought if her baby girl can do it,
Saxon can do it.
And if Saxon can do it,
I can do it,
right?...I hope.

Surprisingly, we all did great,
and had SO MUCH FUN!
After all these years of living in Utah,
I have finally discovered a winter sport that I like :)
When my Dad and Deanna were here, they mentioned what a shame it would be if Saxon grows up in Utah and never learns to ski. It's true too. But skiing is soooo expensive and Nate and I don't ski (well...Nate snowboards).
We went to Jolley's Ranch in Springville.
One lady that works there even took Saxon out one on one to practice with him while Nate and I got geared up and put Bridger in the backpack.
They were really good to us!
Saxon was such a trooper on his own little skis!
He even forged his own trail once he spotted the playground.
We can't wait to go back and do it again!
It was a beautiful day today and perfect to spend outside!
We're always up for a new adventure,
and today it was cross-country skiing.
Saxon is begging me right now for,
"More snow...more fun...more ski."

3 comments:

Angela said...

How fun! I'm glad Saxon enjoyed himself!! You guys are always coming up with good things to do with your boys I love it!

Jamie said...

Holy cow! You are such a trooper! I can't believe you took BOTH kids with you. You should win an award or something. Looks like fun. I've never even tried cross-country skiing.

lori and clark remington said...

i want to go cross country skiing with you...maybe one day next January while we are there for the week...
i have never been either...looks like you all had fun together!