Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Santa Monica Pier

We called Grandpa and Jenna when we got to CA because we wanted to hang out with them for a day.  We picked a day and they offered to take us and the kids to the pier!
My kids had never been to the pier, so they were SO EXCITED!
Bridger thought it was so cool that he could see the water through the pier.
Every chance he got, he would bend over to check if he could still see the water.
It was so cute!  I love when my kids do things like that.
It reminds me to still be fascinated with small things :)
Grandpa and Jenna bought the kids wrist bands so they could ride as many rides as they wanted.  Have I mentioned that they were in heaven?  Heaven...


This frog ride was by far the favorite :)
Bridger was dying to go on the big rides but he just wasn't tall enough.
He kept holding up his wristband for the boy at the gate to scan him in, but they didn't let him pass because he wasn't just a little too small, he was way too small.  Saxon was barely tall enough though, so he went on the roller coaster with Brookie.  Bridger asked me if one day he will be big enough to ride on the Ferris Wheel.  I promised him that one day, he would be.

Baby Dalton was a champ.
Here he is chowing on french fries.
We got "Hot Dog on a Stick" for lunch as this was the best we could find for him.

Bridger started feeding some fries to the pigeons, and then the pigeons came up and started eating right out of Saxon's hand.  Bridger would try to get the bird to eat out of his hand, but at the last second he would get nervous and run away.
Afterwards, he told me to that he loved "feeding those chickens some french fries!"
He's so funny!


Grandpa and Jenna let them ride on the carrousel too.
My grandpa said that he rode this carrousel when he was a kid.
I thought that was so cool.
He rode it as a kid, so did my mom, so did I, and now here are my kids on the carrousel at the Santa Monica Pier:
Little baby cakes here got to wait with Aunt Brookie.
He kept her entertained by batting his long lashes at her and smiling :)
He's a pretty cute little flirt!

Me and Grandpa and Jenna:

Me and my Brookie:

Thanks you so much Grandpa and Jenna!
We had so much fun!!!

No comments: