Wednesday, June 8, 2011

William S. Hart Park

I grew up in Santa Clarita.
Well, for the most part.
I was born in Chicago, started kindergarten in Thousand Oaks, and moved to Canyon Country to start 4th grade.
Somehow, I must have missed the "Hart Park field trip" because I had never been there before!
The cute couple in the gift shop gave us some brochures on Mr. Hart and we bought some animal food for the kids to feed the animals.

They have a baby deer that will eat right out of your hand!



This is the horse's grave and my kids loved it for some reason and kept calling it "that dead horse's house."  It was so funny!

We went on a walk and found buffalo!


The mansion.  It was closed so we couldn't go in, but it was still really fun to see and peek in the windows.







California poppies :) 

No comments: