Friday, June 17, 2011

Strawberry Days

Last night we went to Strawberry Days.
I LOVE Strawberry Days.
It's my favorite of all the local rodeos and has some fun extra events (like wild cow milking and the "cash cow").  Plus, it's so close to my house that we can hear the announcer at night from my room, and kids get in free.

I learned when I moved to Utah that you have to dress up for the rodeo.
Since my kids are "from Utah" we made sure to do it right :)


The boys wore their personalized "Grand Slam" belt buckles from my Dad:


My cute cowboys!
Whenever we try to take a picture of Bridger, he does this defiant little thing where he says "cheese" but he looks in every direction except for the camera.  Saxon got tired of listening to us try to convince Bridger to look at the camera, so he held his head in the right direction.
So helpful :)

We met Mike, and Mike & Megan & kids at the rodeo.  Mike S. helped lift the kids over the fence to chase the "cash cow".  We got them over a little too late and all the money was gone, but they still had fun chasing the cow.  Bridger had so much fun, that he was the last kid in the arena and didn't want to come out.  Mike was afraid he was going to have to go in after him.  When they herded the cows away, Bridger finally gave up and went back over the fence.


When we first got there, the weather was miserable!
It was so windy!
The kind of wind that can knock you over if you're standing still.
We were all huddled up in blankets and closing our eyes against the dirt that was whipping around us.
The good news is that we got really good seats since not many people showed up during the wind storm.
Right about the time the rodeo was starting, the wind died down, and throughout the night, it actually got warmer.  It turned out to be really nice out.
The kids had the time of their lives playing with Mike & Megan's kids...


Baby Dalton was in heaven chopping on a piece of licorice...




Toward the end, Bridger and Dalton both fell asleep, and so Nate and I finally were able to pay attention to the rodeo.  It was so fun!  If I could afford it, I would go again the next night :)  Oh well, maybe we'll have to walk around the carnival...

No comments: